Road District News!

Recently we have received several calls regarding rough railroad crossings. The road near railroad crossings is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government, and road districts are prohibited from making improvements to that property. However, residents are welcome to file a complaint with the Illinois Commerce Commission, and the ICC will investigate. We have added this information to our Road Maintenance webpage for easy access. Residents can report a rough crossing, utility and/or One Call/JULIE violations, and also relocation and household mover complaints.

The ICC does come out and investigate these complaints, so this may be a good resource.